Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John’s Conference Centre
120 New Gower St
NL A1C 6K4
The Delta hotel is located in the heart of St. John’s downtown area. St. John’s is a city of roughly 200,000 people and is extremely rich in culture. St. John’s was first founded by John Cabot in 1497, since then it has built its reputation on living from the water and relying on the ocean for a way of life. As you walk along the beautiful downtown area, there is no shortage of shops, restaurants, music and pubs.
Trip Advisor Recommended Restaurants
Mussels on the Corner
318 water street, St. John’s
– Features fresh organic blue mussels served to order. Great place to go for a quick bite or supper. 5 minute walk.
288 Water Street,St. Johns
– Local restaurant and brewery, also site of the NL Kitchen Party conference event. 10 minute walk.
8 Barrows Rd, Quidi Vidi Village
– Located in Quidi Vidi Village, in St. John’s. Features traditional Newfoundland food, as well as much more. 5-10 minute cab.
Trip Advisor Recommended bars/pubs
323 George Street
– Known for their infamous “screech ins”, Christians is where the locals and the tourists alike go for a drink. Great beer and amazing atmosphere. 5 minute walk.
15 George Street
– Great traditional Irish pub. Also has delicious food and live music. 5 minute walk.
Duke of Duckworth Pub
325 Duckworth St, St. John’s
– Locals claim that the Duke has the best fish and chips in town, go to enjoy a beer or for the great atmosphere. 10 minute walk.
Things to do
– Cape Spear: North America’s most easterly point, Cape Spear is a national historic site overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Features a lighthouse and multiple hiking trails. ~20 minute drive.
– Signal Hill: Signal Hill overlooks the core Downtown of St. Johns. Features Cabot Tower, which was originally built for Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. Go on a hike or take in a nice sunset. ~10 minute drive.
– The Rooms: One of St. John’s best museums, features exhibits of Newfoundland culture and heritage. Also has a café that overlooks the St. Johns Harbour. Great for a rainy day! ~10 minute walk.
– Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours: Step aboard – Experience the wonder! Your memories will last a lifetime. For departure times, please call: 709.722.1888 or Email: Book@IcebergQuest.com or Visit: IcebergQuest.com
Join our seasoned crew on board the brand-new Capo de Espera for an experience of a lifetime. A two-hour Atlantic ocean excursion. We depart from St. John’s harbour front, the oldest seaport in North America. You will be transported back in time, following in the footsteps of Newfoundland’s early settlers. View the City of Legends from the sea, as the great explorers did years ago. Journey with us to a place where the Atlantic Ocean meets the edge of the earth. Experience a land where charisma and hospitality meet in harmony to create a tour that has attracted visitors from around the globe. Arrive as strangers … depart as friends.
Step aboard …Experience the wonder! Your memories will last a lifetime.
Also visit Destination St. Johns or Newfoundland and Labrador for more information.
Here’s a sneak peak of what’s in our backyard: